Location: Bourne PE10
Vacancy Type: Part-time/Permanent
Salary: From £12.00 an hour
At Age Care Advice we offer an award winning Domiciliary Care service, providing Care Coordination, Companionship and Personal Care to support clients with their daily living in the comfort of their own homes.
Our award-winning Domiciliary Care service – providing care coordination and companionship – requires dedicated and conscientious care workers/companions to join our friendly team working in the Grantham area, on a part-time basis. We are seeking caring and compassionate individuals who enjoy interacting with Service Users and assisting them with their daily living activities. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing our Service Users with high quality care and support. The successful candidates will be self-motivated, well-organised and able to work both independently and as part of a team. Proven experience in working in a caring role, in either a paid or voluntary capacity, is essential for this position.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform light housekeeping tasks, such as dusting, vacuuming and changing bed clothes.
· Provide Companionship
· Accompany Service Users to medical appointments.
· Observe, monitor and record Service Users’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to senior staff.
· Encourage and support Service Users to participate in social and recreational activities.
· Assist clients with personal care tasks, such as washing, dressing, eating and toileting.
· Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients.
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Excellent Organisational Skills and Good Time Keeping
· To be Kind, Caring and Empathetic
· To have Resourcefulness, Stamina, Motivation and Perseverance
· To maintain Professionalism at all times
Skills and Experience:
· Care Certificate (Desirable)
· Previous experience of providing Care (Essential)
· Car driver/own transport (Essential)
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of Clients, Carers and Colleagues, to include:
· Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Age Care Advice Policies and Current legislation
· Respecting the Privacy, Dignity, Needs and Beliefs of Clients, Carers and Colleagues
· Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgemental and respects their circumstances, feelings, priorities and rights
· Act as a Role Model in the observance of Equality and Diversity Good Practice
· Accept the rights of Individuals to choose their Care Providers, Participate in Care and Refuse Care
· Clients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
· In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to Clients and their Carers, all such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
· Information relating to Clients, Carers, Colleagues, other Healthcare Workers or the business of Age Care Advice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Organisation policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £12.00 per hour
Government guidelines are strictly adhered to. Staff are required to take lateral flow tests twice weekly and PPE will be provided for all visit
Work remotely: No